Tom Berenger looks bad!

previous post: Tiger Woods’ other mistress Holly Sampson -- next post: The Worst Socialite Boob Job

Actor Tom Berenger is aging pretty badly. He has what looks like cheek implants (how many 59 year olds do you know with plump cheeks?) and had no wrinkles, which is also odd (do I detect a facelift?). Overall, his face reminds me of Mickey Rourke’s.

Tom Berenger

Tom Berenger

1. Kate Walsh’s new boobs Kate Walsh obviously wants to boost her popularity by increasing...
  2. Her face is melting and she has a beauty care line This is Mexican actress Lyn May. Her face looks melted...
  3. Poor Lisa Turtle! What in the world happened to Lark Voorhees’ face? She...

Comment by Bunnie — December 9, 2009 at 7:50 am

Those are not cheek implants, that is sagging facial skin that has lost it’s elasticity. And if he had a facelift, he would have surely had the jowls removed, and they are still there. Actually I think he has aged quite nicely.

Comment by Lola Granola — December 9, 2009 at 7:53 am

His forehead looks much higher, and there are no wrinkles on it. Strange….

Comment by Freebie — December 9, 2009 at 8:16 am

You shold use more recent pictures for the before shots. No one looks as good as they did when they were 20 years younger.

Comment by Mike — December 9, 2009 at 9:31 am

Lighting is pretty harsh in the recent pic so its hard to tell … really doesn’t look too bad to me considering that no-one would look good in that light

Comment by Paul Wall — December 9, 2009 at 9:32 am

I imagine as he gets older, his head will get larger to allow for the stretching of the skin. How sad, I thought he had the ‘average guy’ look but in a good way. Now Tom just looks like an old hermaphrodite.

Comment by Xenia — December 9, 2009 at 10:41 am

No cheek implants, he’s just heavier than he was in the earlier pic.
He has coarsened some, the way Val Kilmer, Mel Gibson, William Shatner etc. have. But I see no evidence of any plastic surgery at all, let alone bad plastic surgery.
Still a good-looking guy! And honey, for his age, he looks frankly gorgeous. Find a better target.

Comment by leo — December 9, 2009 at 11:28 am

Agree with the others here – it doesn’t look to me like he’s had any work done, other than the possibility of Botox. Like Xenia said, he’s just coarsened. (And the actors mentioned in her post are perfect examples.)

Comment by mamallama — December 9, 2009 at 2:53 pm

Gosh, he really doesn’t even look like the same person! Most people, when they age, just look like an older version of themselves. But I never would have recognized him without a caption!

Comment by sasha — December 9, 2009 at 2:58 pm

This proves my point that nose cartilage broadens and sags in the nose as we age, also in the ears. His ‘now’ nose is huge compared to when he was younger. I doubt he had an add-on nose job, heehee. Overall, he looks like he’s been soaking up the sauce for years but I’ve seen far worse for 59. Cheek implants, maybe. Not a for sure. The lighting is awfully pink or maybe he’s flushed from booze.

Comment by sasha — December 9, 2009 at 3:00 pm

PS….all the ‘coarsening’ of these various men’s faces is booze-related, it never fails.

Comment by darvulia — December 9, 2009 at 3:14 pm

I enjoy this site, but really, you guys should stop posting pictures of celebrities when they were in their twenties or early thirties, and post recent photos of the allegedly enhanced person to prove your point. Otherwise all you are doing is showing that we look pretty worse when we are older (we know that already) than when we were all youthful and making a case in favor of plastic surgery. Same goes when you just use unflattering pictures of the same person. Many of your pictures do prove the sad truth of awful plastic surgery. But some, like this one… well, I don´t really know if Tom Berenger had worked done or is just growing old like all human beings because your “before” photograph is, well, decades “before”.

Comment by Jake — December 9, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Is Tom even acting anymore…I remember him in the Sniper movies and in Platoon and in that one movie where he was peeping on Mimi Rogers (before she became a fat old woman).

Comment by 'Mela — December 9, 2009 at 4:23 pm

I agree with Xenia.
I think he’s looking OK by me!

Comment by sasha — December 9, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Aha! He’s wearing colored contacts. There is no limbial ring around the outer circumference of the iris (colored part of eye) and that’s the dead giveaway! At least we now have one thing sure, and that he’s been boozing the last twenty years away.With his money you would think he’s invest in a pair of “Hilties’ (the one Paris Hilton wears, Baby Blue by Coopervision) to cover her brown eyes. He chose the cheapies. Spending what he saved on booze.

Comment by sasha — December 9, 2009 at 4:37 pm

And JAKE what happens when you become a fat old man? Can we sandbag you on this site?

Comment by flufffy — December 9, 2009 at 4:56 pm

He looks fine for a old guy not to weathered may be he has had some botox but over all not that bad I mean come on he is 59, and like the others say if you had some in-between pictures of him for every 10 years since he was 20 you would see he,s aged quite normal for todays modern men ( ie hair dyes, moisturisers, facials etc).Going back 80 years most guys at 30 looked worse than him having worked a life time down a pit.

Comment by Bella — December 9, 2009 at 5:40 pm

When he was young he was so good looking ~ A lot like a young Marlon Brando. But like everything in life. . . . Age happens even to the beautiful and the handsome. Doesn’t look like he’s had work done. His skin has just gotten courser as male skin does as it ages and he now has thinner hair, baggy/smaller eyes etc. He has the jowls and other age related areas on his face. Maybe some Botox but other wise he looks just craggy and aged. I’d say it’s possible he’s had a small amount of work, but I would have a hard time believing that fact. He’s just aged and isn’t that beautiful young man any longer.

Comment by Taralynne — December 9, 2009 at 6:22 pm

Sasha nails it totally. His nose was perfectly straight and well-proportioned as a youth, now the tip is sagging and overall the nose is too big. No wrinkles? What do you call those things running from his nostrils to the corner of his mouth?

Comment by sasha — December 9, 2009 at 8:11 pm

LOL Taralynne, glad someone applauds my scientific observations. Those are definitely cheap colored contacts. In his young photo, you can see a faint limbal ring around his brown eyes. Now he has blue eyes, no ring, and pupils so dilated he might flat-line any moment. Actually, it’s not all pupil we’re seeing….we’re seeing some brown eye poking through the hole in the middle of the cheap lenses. I don’t even like this guy but I get such a bang out of ragging on these ‘celebs’.

Comment by Kelly — December 9, 2009 at 8:26 pm

NOPE WRONG we do NOT look worse as we get older. Anyone who believes that is pretty dumb to allow yourselves to be BRANIWASHED by the beauty industry. time to grow up and stop being so dumb.

Comment by 62831 — December 9, 2009 at 9:19 pm

That pic on the right looks like Tom just got out of the shower. It’s just a plain old bad pic. Can we go back to “awful plastic surgery” and not “picking apart every little flaw of aging celebrities”, pretty please?

Comment by gwen01 — December 9, 2009 at 11:36 pm

WHY?, What is wrong with these men who were at one time attractive? Mickey Rourke was so good looking and turned himself into a circus freak and now Tom…just sad. I wonder what they think after the procedures they have done. Do they think it is an improvement and they really look much better or do they wish they would have left well enough alone? Some pics on this site I don’t see any change even when this site points it out in the celebrities but most pictures the change is so dramatic and in this case just so horrible, it is really just so very sad.

Comment by gwen01 — December 9, 2009 at 11:48 pm

by the way, my observation is a bad eye job (like Kenny Rogers) and definately botox..

Comment by Mrs Patrick Campbell — December 10, 2009 at 2:45 am

Tom – who was once truly one of the most gorgeous homosexuals to ever grace Hollywood – is now a tired old unattractive queen who must pay for the sausage she once got for free. She is now paying back for all the unhappiness she caused during her beauty years!

Comment by Suzy0101 — December 10, 2009 at 3:22 am

Ahh…..he looks pretty good for a hard-living actor of 59. Some of them look a lot worse. And also: does anyone think his “Before” photo looks like he was separated at birth from Gillian Anderson? LOL!

Comment by Sarah — December 10, 2009 at 6:02 am

The angles in these pictures are so different it’s hard to see whether it’s PS, but when I google other older pics of him it seems like all he did was aging and gaining weight really.

Comment by MG — December 10, 2009 at 6:49 am

I agree with Sarah. I think there has been some weight gain. He is aging normally. Your nose and ears continues to grow as you age. Amazingly some people age and get better looking. But, most do not.

Comment by Laurie — December 10, 2009 at 6:55 am

Oddly, he looks like he became a Russian mob guy as he aged.

Comment by P — December 10, 2009 at 7:32 am

I’d still hit it.

Comment by le — December 10, 2009 at 9:05 am

Don’t know who this guy is… he looks sort of like Hugh Grant when he was younger, but better looking than Hugh Grant. Maybe he doesn’t age well… not a lot of people do. George Clooney ages well, so does Brad Pitt (when he cleans himself up).

Comment by sasha — December 10, 2009 at 11:16 am

Er, ah…..Mizzuz Campbell, you seem to know alot about Berenger’s private life. Think I’d cool it with the libel. Your comment almost brought my breakfast back up. As for Pitt and Clooney aging well: Clooney has had discreet nips and tucks and Brad Pitt is OK but he’s married to a nip and tucker. Probably he has it when she does it to keep up with her.

Comment by Carina — December 10, 2009 at 11:17 am

I wonder why no one is noticing how weird suzanne sommers face looks lately?

Comment by Marusya — December 10, 2009 at 11:22 am

le>>
Have you been living under a rock? This is Tom Berenger!

Anyway, he has had some minor work done done. Uses Botox. But IMO it’s all his wife’s fault – she let him get overweight, overeat. The result: he’s been quite big lately.

Still love ‘em though. He’s a great actor! :D

Comment by Nuria — December 10, 2009 at 11:36 am

He’s got that almost feminine look about him. It’s a shame. He was a good looking guy. Now he just looks creepy.

Comment by Becky — December 10, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Hellloooo…no work done? Clearly, he’s had a face lift at one point. He’s got that tell-tale “fold” near his ear. He’s also had some eye work done.

Face lift or not, he’s aging badly compared to some other men in his age group (i.e, Richard Gere doesn’t have that puffy, plasticized look that Tom has here)

Comment by Frau Blucher — December 10, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Yes Richard Gere is a role model. He’s aged really well; if he’s had work done it’s really natural looking. Kudos to him.

Comment by Mrs Patrick Campbell — December 10, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Our handsome, well-built 38 year old Latino husband arrives Saturday to spend four days with us, preparatory to our living together in February. We are looking forward to enjoying again his large uncircumcized sizemeat with humungous low-hangers.

Comment by Carolyn — December 10, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Before he went into movies Tom Berenger was a flight attendant with Eastern Airlines named Tom Moore. (I think that was his real name, it’s been many years!) No one who worked with him or dated him got any gay vibes so I’m thinking “Mrs Campbell” just pulled this idea out of thin air.

Comment by Mrs Patrick Campbell — December 10, 2009 at 2:47 pm

We have very accurate ‘fruit-dar’ that seldom errs.

Also: male stewardess? Mary!

Comment by Count Blah — December 10, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Maryusya, you don’t have to be living under a rock not to know who Tom Berenger is. Try to remember that some of the people commenting here are probably 15 or so. :P

And yeah, I think Tom’s had a bit of work done…forehead botox, probably. But a lot of what we see here is just the natural aging process as well.

Comment by sasha — December 10, 2009 at 5:39 pm

I’m thinking Mizzuz Campbell is pulling this stuff out of his/her? ass. Then someone else says Berenger has a wife. And to that someone who sees a ”telltale fold’ in front of his ear, I think you flunked anatomy. That’s a ridge of cartilage and we all have it. The scars would be behind the ears and if there was one on front of the ear, it would be minimal, flat, and fade quickly. That protuberance you see is one everyone’s ear. Mizzuz Campbell we do not want to hear about your filthy lifestyle so if you stray from the topic again I am going to let you have it. Go away to a gay forum or something. As for Richard Gere, HE HAS HAD ALOT OF PLASTIC SURGERY END OF STORY. It’s was just ‘good’ work. I wonder why this site only picks on the lesser celebs? Lawsuits?

Comment by Q — December 10, 2009 at 9:14 pm

So sasha, why is it that that ridge of cartilage looks different in the after picture compared to the before picture? I didn’t think that ear cartilage changed that much as you aged!

Comment by Mrs Patrick Campbell — December 11, 2009 at 2:51 am

We dsilike sisters(and do our best to ‘expose’ them to ignorant heteros) who try to make people believe that they are men. E.g, Miss R Gere – a renowned Hollywood sister – has embraced the Lesbian lifestyle by ‘marrying’ a fish. She is still a sister and still enjoys sausage, if the truth be known!

Comment by Marusya — December 11, 2009 at 4:32 am

Mrs Patrick Campbell>>

are u out of medication? 0_o

Comment by le — December 11, 2009 at 6:11 am

lmao patric campbell is funny…

I never see much appeal in R Gere.. maybe when he was younger. I don’t get it..women who get a bi tof wrinkles when they age are said to be ageing badly, but men who get tons of wrinkles like a bull dog are ageing well.. a double standard.

Comment by Paul Wall — December 11, 2009 at 8:25 am

How is this placement indicative of Tom’s sex life? If Tom is gay, so what? That’s his business, ours should be mocking his bad plastic surgery if he’s had any. A “wife” is not much indication of sexual preference when someone gets one as a blind, she’s a cover. And regarding Ie’s comment about men “looking good” as they get older while women “age badly,” that may be “true” in Hollywood, I personally have seen women who look stunning and natural into their sixties. Hollywood’s just stroking old male actors’ when they show them with young wives. There ARE trophy wives who marry for $$$ but most women are not apt to date men older than their fathers.

Comment by Q — December 11, 2009 at 9:56 am

I swear, you noobs are bad when it comes to trolls. Ignore them, and don’t respond. They aren’t “Off their meds”, they want your attention and by thinking that they’re a real person instead of a troll, you’re giving it to them. That’s like Internet 101 that you learn.

Comment by Mrs Patrick Campbell — December 11, 2009 at 10:51 am

We have just finished washing – on our hands and knees – the wood floors of our beautiful Barrcelona apartment. We already cleaned the Balcony windows with windex. Our husband arrives tomorow evening and we have already bought fresh fish and meat for our meals.

Discuss!

Comment by Dy — December 11, 2009 at 9:40 pm

This is so sad. He had such a lovely, masculine look about him before. His cheek bones aren’t even the same shape as before, and they were just very very nice, before. Why do men do this to themselves? This is just one of those that makes me disgusted to look at. Gosh, he had nice bone structure.

Comment by Dy — December 11, 2009 at 9:47 pm

I’ve been looking up older photos of this man, and I really don’t think the before photo is actually him. I could be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but that before photo looks like a younger actor who I’ve seen in a few things in the past decade. Yes, I realize how vague that sounds.

Comment by Marusya — December 12, 2009 at 1:43 am

Very funny, Dy! :)

That is Tom.

Comment by Jo — December 12, 2009 at 6:01 am

I doubt this man has had plastic surgery, looks to me that he has gotten older (of course), and gained some weight.

Comment by Louise Glass — December 12, 2009 at 8:19 am

This photos seems to have brought out alot of strange things said about him. I have been watching Tom Berenger since I was a teenager with a crush on him. He was in a sopa One Life To Live and in love with a nun. His name was Timmy. I have watched some of his movies throughout the years. In the Big Chill he looked older but still basically the same. I’d say for me his first change in looks from aging and eating was in Last of the Dogmen. He looked older (still cute) and was a bit chubby. He has not had work done. You don’t get work and look this much older. Be realistic.. He is NOT pulled or botoxed. His face looks ruddy and older and heavier. I do not know if he drinks. I did a search and he is on his third wife and has children with each wife. He is not gay. He is still making movies as of this time. You can view images of him at all his ages and weights from early on (yes that was him in the first photo when he was on the soap) to now. No hidden agendas. The man is letting nature take its course and genetically some of us age better than others or worse. In my own family my dads side looks alot younger, and my moms side has lines and thinner skin. THIS SITE is supposed to show plastic surgery that is awful. Not aging actors who have had no work done and then we pick them apart. I think its mean. Stiick with Nicole Kidman or Meg Ryan or some other hollywood idiot with a permanent appointment at their plastic surgeon and leave the others alone.

Comment by Paul Wall — December 12, 2009 at 8:41 am

Hello, Louise Glass; you need to pay attention to this site because it’s taught me what to look for and the least you can say about Tom is that he’s been botoxed. I don’t know or care if he’s gay, I just know that he HAS had botox put in (the swelling smoothness of his forehead shows this) and he might have had a facelift (you can see what seems to be the scars just by the ears and the odd but mild reshaping of the ears). I like him as an actor especially since he comes across as a real person (some irony there) but I don’t let opinion sway me from what I feel is truth. Yes, people age but some things will always come with age like forehead wrinkles, looser flesh, lines around the eyes, heavier, etc. You should grow up.

Comment by gds92115 — December 12, 2009 at 2:20 pm

boy i must be missing something. i dont spot ANY plastic surgery, or anythign negative to point out. ya he has aged but so what. he is still a very handsome . all of you out there shoujld age so well.

Comment by Taralynne — December 12, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Hey, I just realized, the enlarged, reddish nose and ruddy skin could be signs of untreated rosacea. Looks like there are broken veins in his nose, too. What do you think?

Comment by Q — December 12, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Yep, people are blind. There’s no freaking way that your ears are going to change so drastically from when one is young to when one is old unless there’s surgery involved. I don’t care if the person is a saint, if they’ve had bad plastic surgery, it gets called out. And this is an example of crappy plastic surgery. He should have creases in his forehead, and I linked a more recent pic of him earlier with his face relaxed yet lined. And yet here in this after pic he doesn’t have the lines on his forehead.

Comment by hazel — December 13, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Tom Berenger is definitely not gay.

Comment by aMBER — December 13, 2009 at 5:34 pm

You cant compare photos that are years and years apart. Unless you think 50yr olds should look the same as when they were 20? I dont see cheek implants, or arent people allowed to have any amount of puff in their cheeks when they smile? In the other photo, even though its a poor comparison, he is not smiling, so obviously he wont have the same look as in the other photo. I think hes just older, has a bit more weight on, and most likely gets into the botox.

Comment by actright — December 14, 2009 at 1:41 pm

I would put in the Mickey Rourke catogory just yet if he goes back under then maybe and he doesn’t look THAT bad. Still good looking, he is probably a drinker and lets not forget he is much older.

Comment by actright — December 14, 2009 at 1:41 pm

that is “I wouldn’t put him in the Mickey Rourke catogory just yet”.

Comment by Hottie — December 14, 2009 at 6:12 pm

He looks like a drinker.
It is a bit sad to observe how people are much less harch with Tom, than any women in here (and especially the guys). Tom is aging about as well as Melanie Griffith= not good. They are both aging badly because of their poor lifestyle choices and addictions, rather than cosmetic surgery botchery. Someone should wip up a site called “awfullifestylechoices.com”

Comment by Gabriela — December 15, 2009 at 9:56 am

He is ok, he has some plastic done but he still looks like a human. Well, I can’t say the same about other celebrities…

Comment by Patrick M — December 28, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Never had surgery …I would know I’m his son..I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PICS OF YOU BLOGGERS…My father was a drinker and a smoker but has recently quit smoking…. I love how some of you people are so sure of yourselves and your bullshit facts..AHAHAHHA gay my dad has 6 kids and trust me he loves woman …Maybe a little too much…..GOOD LUCK AGING PEOPLE ..Send pics when your 50-60 yrs old and we will chat again…

Comment by Janine — December 29, 2009 at 3:49 am

He looks like he might have had an upper blepharoplasty (eyelid modification) but that is all. You really don’t know what you’re talking about and often shoot from the hip with no justification or experience whatsoever. No wonder celebs get mightily pissed when nobodies like you go casting aspersions left and right. Why don’t you get a bit of credibility and ask an actual expert to comment on the pictures.

Comment by Javah — December 30, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Heavy drinking and weight gain could account for most of the changes. He could have gotten in some fights and damaged his nose. Also, skin conditions like rosacea thicken the nose and the midface.

Comment by Venus In Blue Jeans — December 31, 2009 at 11:00 am

He has probably had some minor work over the years but does nto qualify as a plastic surgery addict. He does nto look as if he’s in a permanent wind tunnel. Ears and nose are cartilage, people, and cartilage broadens, lengthens and changes shape as you age. My father’s once gorgeous nose was a bulbous mass by the time he was old and his ears too. The reddening and broken veins………..BOOZE. Rosacea? No way.

Comment by linda paul — January 20, 2010 at 11:44 am

So glad that Tom’s son Patricl M is sticking up for his dad who is such a lovely man i would take Tom at any age just send him over to Ireland to me.Just concentrate on the acting watched Gettysburg for the first time suberb Toms portrayal of Longstreet is inspired.

Comment by MKG — February 21, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Oh my gosh. Y’all are MEAN! Poor Tom Berenger! I would be mortified if people took some bad picture of me and then picked it apart like this! Don’t you know he’s a human being just like you, what if he saw what you creeps have said about him? What if somebody did this to you, how would you feel?! …….I don’t know him but of all of the celebrities I’ve ever heard anything about, he seems like just about the LEAST likely to have had plastic surgery. Everybody’s so used to celebrities being all vain and conceited that they can’t believe there are any who aren’t like that, but believe me, there are…. and I bet he’s one of them. And I really, really don’t see what you people are talking about. He’s got a totally different expression on his face in both pictures — how can you expect them to be identical? Your face shape changes dramatically depending on what expression you’re making. I’m an artist and I draw people’s faces all the time so I know these things. He’s just older and has gained some weight. If he was thinner, he’d have more wrinkles in his face. I bet you he hasn’t had anything done at all.
……………OH YEAH, and Tom Berenger has always had BRIGHT BLUE EYES. Always. He is NOT wearing contacts, ya freaks. LOL!!

Comment by MKG — February 22, 2010 at 12:01 am

Here’s a better old pic of him so you can see that he just looks older; not so much different: http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/images/berenger_1.jpg

I don’t even know the guy and I just feel horrible for him getting picked on like this by you guys. So what if he likes to drink or whatever? Like y’all don’t. Please. He just seems like such a nice, normal person, I feel like he should get some respect for not being an attention whore like 99% of the rest of people in the business. Pick on somebody who asks for it. There’s plenty of them out there. And watch some of his movies before you determine his eye color based on two pictures. Geez.

Comment by Rama — March 17, 2010 at 10:04 am

Berenger, another victim of alcohol.

Comment by Patrick M — April 7, 2010 at 2:50 pm